From the other side of LOC


From the other side of LOC


"Nuzhat. ..the best part of my journey...in the last year was...exploring...another Pakistan....thorough your mirror window....and that is an amazing exploration.....that is coming out above and beyond of any stereotypical biased limited vision....a brand new perspective...that Indian and Pakistan could work together...and if they...could do it in real world no regional power could stop them to progress further...I have a different realization...from my personal life....experience...from Canada...and from here in Kolkata since 2018...and my realization is that I feel much more comfortable to work with any person of Pakitani origin...if I would have been given an opportunity to choose an editor or managing editor of SAARC countries origin...."
 These are the words of a well-known evolutionary biologists and author of several book, Dr Subir Ranjan Kundu. These words are truly my heart's voice. Because these words are from other side of LOC (line of control) carry a rainbow of peace, positive and prosperity, that we all need. I remember the day when I got a message from Dr Subir Ranjan Kundu, he asked (rather gave me chance) to work with him as a managing editor. I was excited and also confused and a little bit scared because Mr Kundu is an eminent author and I had no previous experience in editing, I discussed the offer with my family. My family envisaged me to accept the offer. When I started working with Dr Subir. It was very first time that I was going to work with an Indian. People on both sides have stereotype mindsets. But fortunately my father had told me a lot of positive stories about India in my childhood, and my family don't support such negativity. So finally I started working with Dr Subir, i found that he understands his acquaintances when they have some kind of problems regarding work. Like all other journeys I had some good and some bad days, I had illness for a week or more and didn't edited a single page at that stage he understood the situation and finally the book completed in decided time frame. Throughout the journey of almost two years he understand my problems or hurdles I had or wheneverI lost my pace. Everyday, it was like learning something new,truly I have learned a lot from him. Technically Dr Subir was my boss, but always treated me as a friend. The main point I want to convey from my whole journey of working with Dr Subir Ranjan Kundu is, we belong to two neghbour countries who mostly have hostile relations instead of peaceful and friendly relations. If people like me and Dr Subir, can work peacefully then why it can't be possible at official level to achieve strong ,peaceful political and economic bilateral relations. The question is why bilateral relations can't be peaceful and friendly between these two states, while they have lived together for centuries, share culture and festivity tofether. I know a lot of people who had their relatives in India and they couldn't meet them even they died, just because of visa issues. Why can't we compelle our States to pursue peaceful bilateral relations. We all should work more and more towards track 2 diplomacy, for prosperity of both states. If India and Pakistan would have peaceful relations in future it will be the most golden era of the South Asian region, because in this way SAARC will become more effective in the region to resolve conflicting issues and states will focus on economic issues instead of conflicting issues, for the prosperity of the region. I wish it would be happen in reality. 

Dr Subir Ranjan Kundu's these words give us hope "I am sure it would happen one day...as it would not be continued like that the way its going through......right now.....everything has an end.....and I am sure there would be a happy ending one day.....may be it would take time...."

 Let's promise to continue the journey of peace and love at our individual level.


Written by: Nuzhat Aman
Title image by: Imran Bari


Comments

  1. Combined Posts from Twiiter:
    WORLDS CHILDREB PEACE MONUMENT (WCPM)
    As 2019 ends, we celebrate the actions of peacekeepers of the WCPM in advancing peace through Iceality. We owe a Special Debt of Gratitude to Dr Abdul Jabbar Baba Brohi of the Pakistan World Peace Daily Organization for his 8 yrs of dedication to peace. BRAVO!
    #BestOf2019_Pakistan @RadioPakistanBe sure to view the 800+ poster Dr A.J. Brohi has made for millions on people supporting the UN!! Peace on Earth and Goodwill to not just Mankind but to all living things -- the Worlds Children! Peace Friends~ #WorldNews @PakPMO @pid_gov @Pakistaninpics @UNPeacebuilding@PakPMO Government of Pakistan @Pakistaninpics UN Peacebuilding #pakistan Human Rights Pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment